Building a benchmarking tool typically involves:
- Inconsistent data submissions from many respondents
- Consolidation tool to import, clean, and translate data into a consistent structure
- Standardized reports for single respondents against their (often disguised) peer group
It is rarely enough to just show a number. We understand the value of presenting information to management in an intuitive and goal oriented, "top-down" manner. Dashboards and KPI heatmaps focus management attention on current priorities, while drill-down functionality allows decision-makers to explore the detail when required.
System Dynamics is a modelling paradigm developed at MIT for the analysis of complex systems, where non-linear causal relationships in interlocking feedback loops may drive cyclical behaviors, sometimes of a boom/bust nature.
Consider for example the markets for real estate or credit default swaps, where sustained trends in price movements change market expectations and underlying assumptions, ultimately feeding back to new price movements in a reinforcing loop.
With dynamic simulation models based on System Dynamics, we help clients understand the likely range of industry scenarios and how this affects the attractivenesss of any strategy or major asset decision.
Forecasts can be derived from very many different things, ranging from consolidation of expert input over collection and extrapolation of corporate data to complex simulation models. data2impact will never up-front endorse one method or technology at the expense of others. It always comes down to the individual domain and business purpose.
Pricing support projects typically involve:
- Simulation and impact analysis of potential pricing changes
- Tools for sales force to support pricing negotiation
- Integration with existing IT, e.g. pricing databases
Program tracking projects typically involve:
- Dispersed project teams
- Consolidation of tracked benefits for the steering committee
- A central tool used to keep regular track of project status
It is not uncommon for managers or finance departments to spend several days per month on the generation of mainly standardized reports – converting and aggregating data from existing sources into slides in order to present results to management in a specified format. We help clients reduce the time and resources spent by building custom report generators that facilitate:
- Large volumes of data reported to steering team or senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Automated generation of pre-defined PowerPoint presentations/PDF reports
- Reports involving custom charts, dashboards, analyses
- Reports designed and rendered for paper, projector, PC or tablet
In one project for a major charity, we devised a reporting tool delivering completely automated reporting packs of more than 100 pages.
Commercial staff doing business face to face with customers have no time for technical concerns, complex IT applications or forms with 20+ fields to be filled out. We help our clients get the right information to where it is needed by developing sales tools that incorporate
- Intuitive user interfaces
- Easy deployment with on-the-ground staff
- Seamless integration with corporate IT
In one project for a medical devices company, we built a tool enabling the sales force to prepare and lead the pricing negotiation with customers (hospitals). This involved complex pricing rules for more than 10.000 different products.
Segmentation models typically involve massive amounts of data, leading to some specific project contraints:
- Large datasets exceeding desktop tool capacities
- Iterative problem-solving and tight time pressures require on-site collaborative support
Many tools fall outside the categorization used above. However, as all our tools – no matter if fitting into a category or not – are custom-built for the specific needs of each projects, we will deliver the best possible solution, irregardless of any classification.