A medical supplier wanted to redesign its pricing system and required a simulation tool in order to
- Simulate the impact of the new pricing system on 2 million annual sales data points
- Enable multiple changes and adjustments to the simulated pricing system
- Assess the effect of 10 different rebates/discounts with different parameter sets
- Provide detailed analyses of the likely outcome of the proposed pricing system.
- Excel front-end with central Access database, allowing multiple users to edit and analyse scenarios
- Professional UI, using Ribbons
- Interactive waterfall chart and result breakdown
- Fast high-level simulation in real time, for rapid "top down" analysis cycles
- Detailed simulation in 1-2 minutes, for comprehensive "bottom up" analyses
- Automatic import of latest sales data from enterprise sales database
- Reduction of pricing system redesign effort from 6 months to 4 weeks, enabled by interactive simulation and facilitated in workshops with key stakeholders
- Simulation tool enabled iterative approach, allowing for detailed fine-tuning in very short cycles
- Flexible result analyses allowed for application in top management meetings (for overall impact assessment) down to product-/customer-/sales rep level or any combination thereof
- Tool is now used for regular annual pricing system adjustment
Detailed, interactive waterfall chart to see impact of all discounts and rebates. Can be broken down by customer, products, sales reps, organizational units, etc.
Central input mask for all parameters of a simulation scenario - with quick result summary for real-time simulation.
Excel ribbon user interface allows intuitive handling of simulation.